Follow the Leadership Road
Email Carolyn Solomon to schedule a fall workshop in your district. Learn more about hosting a workshop.
Leaders 'R' Us Student Council Workshops
Student Council Workshop has trained Texas students to be successful leaders on their campuses since 1999.
the one-day workshop, 4th-8th grade students and their advisors learn
to create a dynamic student leadership team. Attendees receive
invaluable handbooks containing
essential information needed to create a successful student council.
They will also:
- Discover techniques to generate peer participation.
- Explore tools to create meaningful and challenging projects and fundraisers.
- Network with other student councils.
During their own session, students will:
- Discover the leadership style they possess and learn to develop
it in order to become a successful leader.
- Learn roles and responsibilities, including how to plan an agenda
and conduct a meeting.
- Experience the excitement of networking with student council leaders
in other schools.
During their own session, advisors will:
Learn how to organize the council and keep it active all year.
Explore how to develop a constitution, establish the criteria for membership, and how to hold a successful election.
Discover successful and unique project and fundraising ideas.
Learn how to become a nationally recognized Student Council.
Have invaluable networking time with experienced StuCo advisors.
Have time during a joint session to work with their own StuCo team.
The workshop provides an important time to share:
- Successful programs
Thank you StuCo Sponsor